We are committed to guarding the privacy of our all of our website visitors. In the following policy we will outline our procedures on how we will treat your personal information.
- This policy is set out for the use of and should be interpreted by users for shakthiveda.com
Collecting personal information
We abide and follow accepted standards to protect user information. No method of electronic storage is completely secure. We do not guarantee that your communications, or personal information will remain 100% safe from misuse. You agree that we are not liable for theft, or unauthorized access. You acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Information regarding your computer specifications and about your use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.)
Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address.)
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications or newsletters.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use).
Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website.
- Information that you provide to us when applying for the yoga course or retreat.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
Administer our website and business
Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you goods purchased through our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you.
Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you our email newsletter
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We can disclose your personal information:
- Where required by law
To a person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You hereby agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- will retain documents containing personal data:
to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time as we see necessary from time by publishing a new version on our website
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. This includes the use of our third payment websites paypal.com and stripe.com.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- (b) in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- (b) in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Who we are
Suggested text:Our website address is: http://www.hideandshare.com/yoga.
Suggested text:When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Suggested text:If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text:If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text:Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text:If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text:If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text:If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.